We are seeking a Computer Hardware Design Engineer to work in the COM (Computer on Module) Design Group to design the next generation of products, including industrial embedded computer systems. In addition to designing next generation products, the qualified candidate will also work on existing products to improve reliability, reduce maintenance costs, and address component obsolescence.
Key Work Attributes
The qualified candidate will have the following key work attributes:
- Organized and detail oriented
- Comfortable and able to operate in a rapidly growing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to take a high level goal and break it down into measurable results
- Driven and results oriented with a positive outlook
- Have strong problem-solving skills
- Work in a highly collaborative environment
- Enjoy having ownership of their work
- Always seeking more knowledge to improve and learn
Objectives & Responsibilities
The candidate for this position will be expanding Sealevel’s product offerings while supporting fielded devices and providing world-class customer support. They will be responsible for developing new industrial and embedded computers using Computer on Module architectures featuring x86/x64 (Intel and AMD) and ARM CPU architectures.
- Complete entire life cycle of products, including assist sales team with new business capture, high level and detail design, fabrication, test, release to manufacturing, and customer support.
- Assist in defining system requirements and architectures, to include preparing bids and proposals, plan and lead projects utilizing cross-functional teams.
- Participate in peer reviews of schematics, mechanical packaging, and standards compliance.
- Research and locate components and products from other suppliers to use in computer system design.
- Lead printed circuit board (PCB) designs, analysis, documentation, and parts lists creation.
- Work closely with mechanical engineers to design total electrical and mechanical products with focus on rugged, reliable, wide temperature operation.
- Provide direction to manufacturing in the assembly of first PCB assemblies.
- Work closely with firmware and software engineers to define and develop embedded firmware and software to support designs.
- Test and debug prototype designs, integrate and test with Windows, Linux OS and other embedded OS and software as needed.
- Work closely with test engineering department to ensure proper function and performance of products is achieved.
- Aid in the resolution of hardware/software compatibility issues.
- Address production issues, including, parts procurement, assembly, and electrical performance.
- Ownership of new revisions of existing products.
- Participation in continuous product development process improvement.
- Assist the Technical Support Department with resolving customer and product issues.
The qualified candidate will possess the following skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- 5+ years experience in Computer Design.
- 5+ years experience in PCB schematic design.
The qualified candidate MUST possess the following skills and have experience in:
- Managing budgets and schedules.
- Project engineering and/or program management.
- Power supply design (primarily low voltage DC-DC
- Designing PCle, USB, and/or Ethernet interface products.
- Designing with embedded devices like MCUs, Flash Devices, UARTS, GPIO expanders and many others.
- Experience with HMI and other display interfaces including but not limited to VGA, DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort and LVDS.
- Experience with analog and digital circuit design and for industrial environment.W